Heads up: Canon has released Camera Connect for iOS and Android, a new app for connecting mobile devices to WiFi enabled Canon cameras.
Canon has released a new mobile app for iOS and Android, called Camera Connect.
Canon Camera Connect replaces the previous Camera Window and EOS Remote apps with one single application, aiming to simplify the processes of controlling your WiFi enabled cameras and downloading your photos to your mobile devices.
Here’s what the new app can do:
- Connect the camera directly to the device (set the camera as a simplified access point) or join an existing Wi-Fi network (using a Wi-Fi access point).
- Browse and save images stored in your camera using your device.
- Remote shooting with device operation.
- Support for NFC equipped device.
- Acquire location information and add it to images on the camera.
The app appears to be compatible with most of Canon’s WiFi enabled cameras, although functionality depends on the camera itself. Visit the app’s download pages for more information and to see if your camera is compatible.
Here’s a few more screenshots from the Android version: