This month we’re giving away a Tamron 18-270mm superzoom lens for use on your Canon, Nikon or Sony DSLR!
Update Friday 13 July 2012 14:02 PM:
And the winner is… Leslie!
“Paired with my Nikon D5000 :-)”
Update Friday 13 July 2012 12:17 PM:
The competition is now closed. Thanks for the phenomenal response – 499 comments! The winner will be announced after lunch, good luck!
Hi everyone! On Friday we shared an update stating that we’ve got a great prize to give away this week, and we weren’t kidding! Up for grabs is a Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZC lens worth R5,995!
Orms is now stocking a wide range of Tamron lenses for Canon and Nikon mounts, with a selection of Sony mount lenses available on request. The Tamron 18-270mm is a great day-trip lens for your Canon, Nikon or Sony* APS-C DSLR. It is lightweight and compact, while offering a massive zoom range covering everything from wide angle to telephoto – ideal for traveling!
*The Sony mount version of the Tamron 18-270mm does not feature Vibration Compensation, and is available on request.
Please take note that the Tamron 18-270mm will only mount on crop format DSLRs! Due to the short back focus, the lens will not work with full frame DSLRs. If you’re not sure about which DSLR you have, send us a Tweet or a message on Facebook and we’ll be glad to help.
“What DSLR will you be pairing with the Tamron 18-270mm superzoom lens?”
- The competition is open to all South African residents, 18 or older.
- The winner will be selected randomly, and will need to be a fan of Orms Direct on Facebook or follow @OrmsDirect on Twitter.
- Only one comment/entry per person will count. If you leave more than one comment, it will only count as one entry.
- No exchanges or returns available – the prize is awarded as is.
- The prize is specific to each DSLR manufacturer. The Canon version will only work on Canon DSLRs, etc.
- The prize will only work with crop format DSLRs, including APS-C and DX format. It will NOT work on full frame DSLRs or 35mm SLRs.
- The prize does not include a DSLR – the winner will need to own either a Canon, Nikon or Sony DSLR in order to make use of the lens.
- Competition closes Friday 13 July 2012 at 12:00 PM.
Please note: We make use of Random.org to randomly generate a number corresponding to the eventual winner’s comment. We run the number generator once – the first number is the winner. All comments get checked for duplicates first and each valid entry gets a number assigned to it. The nature of this random system ensures that everyone has a fair chance of winning, which is very important to us. If you post under an anonymous nickname, we will attempt to maintain your anonymity.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.