Do It Yourself with Orms Print Room & Framing: Create your own unique canvas prints stretched with embroidery hoops!
Try this fresh take on presenting canvas prints by stretching them with embroidery hoops!
What you need:
- Bamboo embroidery hoops in various sizes. Available from most sewing centres.
- Photos or designs to print on canvas.
What to do:
- Measure the internal diameter of the embroidery hoop and make sure that your image or design is at least 20 mm bigger all around.
- Bring your images to Orms Print Room & Framing and ask to have them printed to the size you require on standard canvas, which costs R899 per square metre – of course, you’ll only need a smaller area.
- Mount your canvas prints securely inside the embroidery hoops and trim off the excess canvas on the back.
Tips and tricks:
- Only cut off the excess canvas once you are 100% sure that the print is secure in the hoop. You will not be able to re-stretch the canvas if the hoop comes loose.
- Add an element of embroidery to your design.
- Hoops are light enough to hang with Prestik. Hoops can also be suspended with string.