We are excited to invite photographers for inclusion in the next SPACE Open Exhibition this February. Find all the information and requirements here…
Update 12 Feb, 2018: Submissions have now closed.
We are extremely excited to launch our first SPACE Open Exhibition for 2018! Once again we are offering you, our lovely photographic community the opportunity to submit your work! The show opens on February 15th and will feature 30 curated images selected by the Orms creative team. The exhibition will form part of a unique public-participation exhibition offered by the Orms Cape Town School of Photography, which will showcase work themed “I want to show you something”.
Exhibition Theme: Aerial Photography
We invite you to enter your very best “aerial images”. It doesn’t matter what the subject of your image is, as long as it’s been shot from an elevated perspective. Everyday scenes look totally different from the air, and with so much beauty surrounding us here in South Africa, we’d love to see what you’ve captured. As always we encourage you to get as creative as you like, so feel free to play with shapes, colours and different angles. Please note that you do not need to own a drone to take part, images taken from an elevated point; for example, a view of a valley, a road or a cityscape would also qualify. Naturally, so would any images taken from a plane/helicopter etc.
The exhibition will open at the Orms Cape Town School of Photography on February 15th, 18h00 – 20h00. Everyone is most welcome, so please make a note in your diary, we would love to see you there.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK
- Photographers of all levels are welcome to submit their most prized photographs.
- The theme of this exhibition is “Aerial Photography” as described above, submissions need to relate.
- Your images need to be submitted via the form below by February 11th, 2018 end of day. Please note, that we cannot accept any images after this date as we will not have enough time to curate, print and hang the exhibition.
- Each submitted photograph needs to be named as per the example in the submission form below. Please note that images not named in this way will not be valid.
- Images will be curated on February 12th.
- Photographers who have successfully passed the curation process and who will have their work included in the exhibition will be notified after February 13th.
- Please note that the contact form will not submit if you haven’t completed all your information, submitted an image and ticked all 3 the boxes below. You also need to make sure you have the correct image sizes.
- The exhibition will have a standardised display, meaning the images will need to be printed and displayed in the same way. Therefore, all images will be printed in A3 size by Orms. If you’d like to print or frame your work differently, feel free to discuss it with us – email firstname.lastname@example.org. Should your work already be framed or mounted, please include images of this so that we can see if this fits in with the exhibition.
SUBMIT YOUR IMAGES
Update 12 Feb, 2018: Submissions have now closed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By submitting your work through this platform you (the photographer) confirm that the images are your own and that you own full copyright to the images submitted. If the images were taken with the use of a drone you also confirm that you adhere to the drone operation regulations as defined by SACAA.
- Only work submitted via the submission form above will be valid. Images must conform to the image guidelines as above.
- The form above allows for two images to be submitted at a time, you can, however, refresh the page and submit additional images if you wish to do so.
- Please note that the contact form will not submit if you haven’t completed all your information, submitted an image and ticked all 3 the boxes. You also need to make sure you have the correct image sizes.
- Copyright remains with the photographer, however, by agreeing to the terms and conditions the photographer agrees that his/her work can be used for the promotion of the exhibition.
- Contributing photographers will not be responsible for the printing of their work as Orms will be sponsoring the SPACE Exhibition.
- The exhibition will be up at the Orms Cape Town School of Photography opening on February 15th, 2018. Please note that the exhibition will be on a minimum of two weeks, however, Orms may choose to keep it up for longer. Once the exhibition has been removed everyone will be notified via email that they may collect their prints.
- Should there be a lack of interest, Orms reserves the right to cancel the exhibition.
- You may use the exhibition as a platform to sell your work, however, pricing won’t be displayed on the photographs during the course of the exhibition. The purchase price is entirely up to the photographer. Those interested in purchasing any of the works will deal with the photographer directly and privately – Orms will not be involved in any way.
Sample images to inspire you!