Calling all foodie photographers! Starting today (May 17th) we are running a multi-phase food photography competition in partnership with the incredible Thank Goodness Foods and photographer, holistic health coach, and cookbook author, Melissa Delport.
Our ultimate winner will get their hands on the following exciting prizes:
- A Manfrotto Element MII tripod from Orms
- A one-on-one practical food photography masterclass with Melissa Delport in one of the studios at the Orms Cape Town School of Photography
- An R1 500 voucher to use on the Thank Goodness Foods online store
How to Enter
Unlike most giveaways which use a like-follow-share mechanic, we’ve dreamed up a process that empowers participants to engage with their own creative process.
- Start Date: 17th May 2021
- Upload your best still food photography image to Instagram with the hashtag #TGFoodPhotos and follow @thankgoodnessfoods, @ormsdirect, and @melissa__delport on Instagram.
- Final Date for Round One Entries: 23rd May 2021
- Judging will take place from the 24th – 25th May 2021
From these initial entries, the Orms Creatives team will select 10 finalists to proceed to the next round of the food photography competition.
- Each of the 10 finalists will have from the 26th to the 30th of May to collect a hamper of Thank Goodness Foods treats from their workshop valued at R350.
- The finalists will then have until the 4th of June to photograph, edit and submit a collection of their best photos featuring the treats in the hamper.
- The submissions will take place via email.
From these final entries, our resident expert judge Melissa Delport will select a final winner who will be announced on the 6th of June.
Terms & Conditions
- The #TGFoodPhotos Competition (the “Competition”) is only available for residents of South Africa.
- To enter the Competition you must be 18 years old or older and live in South Africa (being a resident or a citizen).
- There will be 1 winner chosen and the selection of this 23 May 2021 is at the judges’ discretion. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding their decision.
- The Competition runs from 17 May 2021 until midnight on 23 May 2021 and takes place through Instagram using the mechanic outlined above.
- Entries must be made by uploading a photograph of the nature described in the “How To Enter” section onto your public Instagram feed. No story entries or entries on other platforms will be accepted.
- The competition is open to all South African citizens except directors, members, partners, employees, agents, service providers, and consultants of The Organisers as well as their spouses, business partners, and associates.
- The 10 top finalists will be announced on May 25th and the ultimate winner will be announced on June 6th. Three attempts will be undertaken to contact the winner directly. All attempts to contact the winner will be made in person, by email, or phone, and any other means of contact we have available to us. If there is no response from the finalists or the ultimate winner within 3 days of the initial contact attempt we will be compelled to pick a new finalist/winner. The subsequent finalist/winner will then fall into the same above criteria for contact.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- By submitting your work for the #TGFoodPhotos, you acknowledge and allow Orms, Thank Goodness Foods, and Melissa Delport to make use of your original work for promotional purposes.