Nikon South Africa announced a new telephoto zoom this morning: The AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR.
Nikon South Africa announced a new telephoto zoom lens this morning. Say hello to the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR.
The new 70-200mm f/4G is a compact and lightweight alternative to the heavier f/2.8 version, and ideal for use on high-ISO capable DSLRs. Key features include Vibration Reduction to prevent camera shake and a Silent Wave Motor for fast and quiet autofocus. for more information, view the press release below.
Pre-order your Nikon 70-200mm f/4G on Orms Direct to ensure you receive it as soon as stock arrives – Current ETA is end of November at a retail price of R15,995.
Telephoto zoom lens compatible with the Nikon FX format, and covering the 70–200-mm range of focal lengths with a fixed maximum aperture of f/4
Nikon in South Africa is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR, a telephoto zoom lens compatible with the Nikon FX format, and covering the 70–200-mm range of focal lengths with a fixed maximum aperture of f/4.
The AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR is the latest addition to the fixed f/4 maximum aperture lens series. It joins the ultra wide-angle AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR and normal zoom AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR in this series that forms the core of NIKKOR FX-format lenses. Despite covering the 70-mm to 200-mm range of focal lengths, this telephoto zoom lens boasts a closest focusing distance of approximately one meter, as well as consistently superior rendering with focusing from infinity to close-up, making it an excellent lens for a wide variety of scenes. Its compact size and light weight make it very portable and a practical choice for hand-held shooting wherever needed. Superior rendering performance is achieved with the adoption of a number of exclusive Nikon technologies including Nano Crystal Coat, a vibration reduction (VR) system that provides camera shake compensation equivalent to a five-step increase in shutter speed, and a Silent Wave Motor (SWM).
With the release of the new Nikon D4, Nikon D800 and D800E, and Nikon D600 FX-format digital-SLR cameras in 2012, Nikon continues to develop high-performance NIKKOR lenses that make the most of the superior resolution and image quality offered by these cameras. Nikon will continue to respond to the demands and expectations professional and advanced amateur photographers have for more advanced photographic capabilities and forms of expression by releasing highly functional high-performance lenses to expand and strengthen the NIKKOR line-up.
AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR primary features
- A 70-200mm telephoto zoom lens compatible with the FX format that offers consistently superior rendering with focusing from infinity to close-up.
- Built-in vibration reduction (VR) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a five-step increase in shutter speed for effective hand-held shooting in a variety of situations.
- Nano Crystal Coat, which effectively prevents the internal reflections that cause ghost and flare.
- A Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing.
- Equipped with two focus modes: A/M (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual focus).
- Macro photography possible with a closest focusing distance of 1 m.
- Smaller and lighter than Nikon’s previous 70-200mm lens, yet still capable of the superior image quality, performance, and overall quality expected of a NIKKOR lens.
- Autofocus supported when a teleconverter offering 2x magnification is used with the lens on a D4, D800, D800E, or D600 offering f/8 support.
*Pricing correct at time of publishing and may be subject to change.