After months of waiting following the filming of our First Look video back in July, Deon and Jess from our YouTube team were finally able to get their hands on the all-new Canon EOS R6 full-frame mirrorless camera for some comprehensive testing.
To put this highly anticipated new machine from Canon through its paces, we partnered with the lovely folks at Intaka Island, a wetland and bird haven in Cape Town. They very kindly allowed Jess and Deon to spend the day exploring the stunning location to try their hands at bird photography for the first time.
Our hands-on video review of the R6 includes the following:
- An overview of the Canon EOS R6 specs
- Our thoughts on the camera’s ergonomics and handling
- How the EOS R6’s autofocus performed
- A review of its brand new in-body stabilisation system
- Everything that don’t we like about the Canon R6
- Our thoughts on the camera’s low megapixel sensor
- A breakdown of who the EOS R6 is meant for
- An unexpected epilogue after the camera overheated when recording some 4K 50 fps video clips
You can catch the full review over on our YouTube channel.
Once again, many thanks to Intaka Island for hosting us! If you find yourself in Cape Town, this gorgeous venue is absolutely worth a visit. You find their socials via the links below:
MORE EXPERT GEAR REVIEWS FROM ORMSTV
Perhaps you’re more of a Sony shooter than a Canon fanboy. Don’t worry, we’ve STILL got you covered! We just filmed an awesome review of the remarkable Sony A7S III at the Two Oceans Aquarium. We think it just might be THE camera of 2020! You can find that exclusive video on the OrmsTV YouTube channel.
If you’re a photography newbie in search of some educational content to fuel your new-found passion for this incredible medium, check out our blog post about the 5 Biggest Mistakes That Beginner Photographers Make. In this post, one of our gear experts, Andre, speaks about the mistakes he made in the early days of his career in photography, as well as what you can do to avoid making those same mistakes.