Although all of our stores are currently closed when making use of our newly implemented appointment only drop off and collection points for items listed as essential, please rest assured that all necessary protection measures are being put in place to ensure the safety of our team members and our clients during this time. We are putting in place the following measures as recommended by the occupational health and safety regulations under level four of lockdown as set by the South African government.
In such unprecedented times, our priority remains the health and safety of the Orms Team, our loyal clients and the broader South African community. We are fully committed to adhering to the regulations that have been put in place to ensure the safety of our community.
Please read through the Covid-19 procedures and protocols we are putting in place to ensure the safety of our team, our clients and the broader South African community as laid out below:
How You Can Help:
Before you enter our store, we have implemented the following safety procedures,
- Your temperature will be safely taken, should your reading be 37.3 or higher we ask that you do not enter
- You will be asked to complete a set of screening questions including; providing certain information regarding your recent risk history and understanding of safety protocols
- No mask, no entry; please ensure you have a government-approved mask in place before entering and ensure you make use of the provided hand sanitizer
Once you’re inside, please follow the safety protocols as listed below,
- While we’d love to shake your hand in greeting, please note that we are practising social distancing and will avoid all physical contact. A wave will do for now.
- Please maintain a safe distance of 1.5 meters from fellow clients and our team at all times
- No face mask, no entry. Please ensure that your government-approved face mask is worn at all times.
- Any gear brought onto our premises must be correctly sanitised before entering
- You will be held responsible for the correct sanitisation of all gear on loan from Orms for the duration of its loan period. This includes regular sanitisation of gear and surfaces it may come into contact with.
- All clients must exercise proper sanitation routines such as frequently washing hands and making use of sanitiser on offer, ensure that should you need to sneeze or cough you cover your mouth and nose whilst doing so.
- An entry limit will be imposed for those clients entering our premises, as recommended in regulations for current lockdown level.
- Please limit visitations to essential members only, we would love to see you all again but ask that only essential clients make use of our store openings
- No more than two people are allowed in a shared space like bathrooms at any one time. Please make sure you are practising social distancing and sanitizing thoroughly after use.
How We Are Helping:
- We will be working with a small team in store
- All team members have been thoroughly briefed on and provided with the proper PPE and disinfectant protocols as laid out by government recommendation and will strictly adhere to these. This includes wearing necessary PPE gear and disinfecting work stations regularly
- All gear returns and repair items will be placed in a designated area and be thoroughly sanitised before being taken into our teams’ work stations
- All gear will be sanitised before being handed over to clients or other team members
- All gear brought in will be checked under the strictest sanitary measures and precautions. This includes but is not limited to; all team members utilising PPE during checks, social distancing, thorough and regular disinfecting of work stations and hands etc.
- All team members have been briefed in social distancing and will maintain a safe distance between themselves, other team members and clients entering and leaving our stores
- All team members have been instructed as to the practising of respiratory hygiene, washing hands regularly and sanitising hands before and after every interaction
- Any team member feeling sick, taking medication or showing any symptoms associated with Covid-19 will not be allowed into the workplace
- All shared office supplies will be sanitised thoroughly before and after every use
- Pay points and tills will be cleaned and sanitised before and after every use
- Communal spaces such as our communal kitchen will be limited to a maximum number of two people at a time and every surface and appliance will be disinfected after every use