The Oner. The Long Take. The Continuous Shot.
Popularised by legends of cinema such as Hitchcock, Tarkovsky and Alfonso Cuaron, and used most notably in films such as “Birdman” and “1917”, this hallowed cinematic staple goes by many names and is revered by all filmmakers, both aspiring and experienced.
This December, Orms and DJI are challenging you to join the Oner Hall of Fame by shooting an awe-inspiring video in a single continuous take.
Those who step up and deliver stand the chance to win the all-new DJI RS 2 Gimbal, a powerful creative machine that will empower up-and-coming filmmakers to shoot smoother, smarter and more seamlessly than ever before.
Carry on reading below to find out how you can enter the competition…
Prize: DJI RS 2 Gimbal
To the value of R13 495
Find out why the DJI RS 2 is such a powerful creative machine by reading our write-up of it on Orms Connect!
How To Enter
- Produce an ambitious continuous shot / Oner video of at least 3 minutes in length.
- You can increase your chances of getting noticed by incorporating a soundtrack, foley, voiceover or a narrative element to your submission.
- THE DEVICE YOU USE TO SHOOT YOUR ONER DOES NOT MATTER. We’re looking for a sense of originality, creativity and an excellent grasp of the cinematic principles applied when producing a one-take sequence, not at whether you used a fancy camera or a smartphone.
- Submit your Oner by uploading it to your IGTV by Friday the 1st of January 2021.
- Use the hashtag #OrmsDJIOneTakeWonder and tag @ormsdirect and @djiglobal so we won’t miss your entry.
Please note the following:
- All videos entered into this competition must be exclusively created for this competition.
- All videos entered into this competition must be created by the individual(s) entering the competition.
- All music used that is not contained in the video media used, has to be royalty-free and legally obtained, and if produced by a contact of the producer of the video can only be used with the signed written consent by the author of the audio. Music can also be used if the author is happy to simply be credited, in which case it has to be in the video’s description.
Terms & Conditions
- The #OrmsDJIOneTakeWonder Challenge (the “Competition”) is only available for residents of South Africa.
- To enter the Competition you must be 18 years old or older and live in South Africa (being a resident or a citizen).
- There will be 1 winner chosen based on the following criteria: originality, creativity and demonstrating an excellent grasp of the cinematic principles applied when producing a one-take sequence. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition runs from 11 December until midnight on 1 January 2020 and takes place through Instagram.
- Entries must be made through uploading a video of the nature described in the “How To Enter” section onto your public Instagram feed or IGTV. No story entries will be accepted.
- To qualify for extra entries to the #OrmsDJIOneTakeWonder Challenge, the Orms Direct and DJI Instagram channels must be followed: OrmsDirect and DJIGlobal.
- The competition is open to all South African citizens except directors, members, partners, employees, agents, service providers and consultants of The Organisers as well as their spouses, business partners and associates.
- The winner will be contacted by Instagram DM after the draw. Three attempts will be undertaken to contact the winner. All attempts to contact the winner will be made by email or phone and any other means of contact we have available to us. If there is no response from the winner within 3 days of the initial email/phone call we will be compelled to pick a new winner. The subsequent winner will then fall into the same above criteria for contact.
- The prize is non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- By submitting your work for the #OrmsDJIOneTakeWonder Challenge, you acknowledge and allow Orms and DJI International to make use of your original work for promotional purposes. To protect the intellectual property of those entrants whose work we choose to feature, agreements will be entered into with both Orms and DJI International for a set period.
So, what are you waiting for?
Show us that you’re The One.