We are excited to invite photographers for inclusion in the SPACE Open Exhibition at the Orms Cape Town School of Photography this April. Find all the information and requirements for submissions here…
Join a collective of up-and-coming photographers from The Orms Cape Town School of Photography in showcasing your best work at the SPACE Exhibition, a show featuring 30 curated images selected by the Orms creative team.
Why the name “SPACE”?
An element of art, space refers to distances or areas around, between or within components of a piece. Space can be positive (white or light) or negative (black or dark). Open or closed. Shallow or deep and two-dimensional or three-dimensional. Sometimes space isn’t actually within a piece. But the illusion of it is. Space is the breath of art. [Frank Lloyd Wright]
Submissions for the exhibition have now closed!
HOW TO ENTER
- Photographers of all levels are welcome to submit their most prized photographs.
- There is an open theme, so no specific subject or topic.
- Your images need to be High Resolution and sent to email@example.com by March 31st, 2016 by the end of the day.
- Each submitted photograph needs to be accompanied by a title, as well as the full name of the photographer.
- Please note that we cannot accept any images after the March 31st, as we will not have enough time to print and hang.
- Images will be curated by April 1st.
- Photographers who have successfully passed the curation process and who will have their work included in the exhibition will be notified on April 1st.
- The exhibition will have a standardised display, meaning the images will need to be printed and displayed in the same way. Therefore, all images will be printed in A3 size by Orms. If you’d like to print or frame your work differently, feel free to discuss it with us – email firstname.lastname@example.org. Should your work already be framed or mounted, please include images of this so that we can see if this fits in with the exhibition.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Each contributing photographer must own the copyright to the images they submitted.
- Copyright remains with the photographer, however, by agreeing to the terms and conditions the photographer agrees that his/her work can be used for the promotion of the exhibition.
- Contributing photographers will not be responsible for the printing of their work as Orms will be sponsoring the SPACE Exhibition (April 2016).
- The exhibition will be up at the Orms Cape Town School of Photography between April 7th – April 28th, 2016.
- Should there be a lack of interest, Orms reserves the right to cancel the exhibition.
- You may use the exhibition as a platform to sell your work, however, pricing won’t be displayed on the photographs during the course of the exhibition. The purchase price is entirely up to the photographer. Those interested in purchasing any of the works will deal with the photographer directly and privately – Orms will not be involved in any way.