On Monday, Canon South Africa announced that they are now offering 2 year warranties on some of their cameras.
On Monday, Canon South Africa announced that they are now offering 2 year warranties on some of their cameras – including EOS DSLRs. All extended warranties are applicable to participating cameras purchased after the 1st of January 2011. Canon also announced free sensor cleaning via their service partner CameraTek.
This week’s announcements, along with the recently announced free training, puts Canon SA’s bundled service offerings on par with Nikon SA’s. The efforts from these companies to enhance their support and service is great news for all South African photographers. For more information regarding the new announcements, please read the press release below.
Please note: Batteries are categorised as consumables and will not be replaced under warranty if they fail due to normal use. However, out-of-box failed batteries will be replaced.
Full Press Release
Johannesburg, South Africa. 1 August 2011
Canon South Africa today announces two additional service offerings to Canon camera owners in SA. This offer entails a two-year warranty on all EOS, PowerShot, Ixus and LEGRIA products purchased after 1 January 2011.In addition to this, Canon is also offering a free sensor cleaning service for all EOS users through their service partners, Camera Tek.
Canon recently also announced a free training course to all entry level EOS DSLR purchasers.
CameraTek can be contacted on the helpline at 0800 212 250 or in Johannesburg at 011-251 2400, Cape Town at 021-552 2206 or Durban at 031-562 13 63. Alternatively visit their website for more information at www.cameratek.co.za
Terms and Conditions for 2 year warranty
• The offer is applicable to any EOS, PowerShot, Ixus, Legria, or “X” series pro video camera purchased after 01 January 2011.
• All other terms and conditions applicable to the standard 1 year warranty are exactly as stipulated on www.canon.co.za
Terms and Conditions for free sensor cleaning
• Only applicable to EOS digital SLR cameras purchased after 01 January 2011
• Only applicable when proof-of-purchase is furnished
• Only applicable on a carry-in basis
• A maximum of one free EOS sensor clean per calendar month is applicable
• It is not transferable to other products and no cash alternative will be offered
• This offer is open to EOS cameras purchased in South Africa only
• The offer is only valid where this product has been originally distributed by Canon SA in South Africa
• The sponsor of this offer is Canon South Africa. 820 16th Road, Midrand, Johannesburg
For further enquiries, please contact:
Canon South Africa
Telephone: +27 11 265 4900
Media enquiries, please contact:
Canon South Africa:
Telephone: +27 11 265 4928
PR Agency: The Mail Room
Telephone: 082 851 0090