Nikon has launched a brand new Coolpix P900, a powerful 16 megapixel and super telephoto compact digital camera with an astonishing 83x zoom
Nikon announced the P900, a top-of-the-line model in the high-performance COOLPIX P series. The P900 is a powerful 16 megapixel, super telephoto compact digital camera with an astonishing 2000mm of optical zoom – more than any Nikon COOLPIX yet. More advanced shooters will appreciate incredible image quality, the DSLR styling and the high-resolution Electronic Viewfinder that turns on automatically when lifted to your eye. With long battery life and point-and-shoot ease the P900 offers not only great photos, but also Full HD videos without fuss. Connect wirelessly to a compatible smartphone or tablet with the built-in Wi-Fi for instant photo sharing and remote camera control.
The P900 aims to be a powerful but fun, easy to use compact camera and includes a rich feature list to help the user get the best picture possible.
Key features include:
- 83X zoom (35mm equivalent of 24mm to 2000mm) and up to 166X zoom when dynamic fine zoom is used.
- 16 Megapixel sensor.
- Intelligent Dual Detect Optical VR (shake compensation/reduction) system.
- Full HD video recording at 60 frames per second.
- Electronic viewfinder with eye sensor.
- GPS/GLONASS/QZSS support that enables recording of location and points of interest data with images.
- NFC, which easily enables Wi-Fi® connection to a smart device.
- Moon and bird watching scene modes.
- Target finding autofocus.
- Time-lapse movie.
- Super ED lens element for superior image quality.
We are still awaiting local pricing and availability information, but will update you with that as soon as it comes in!
The full announcement can be found here.