Change is happening all around us. We have seen firsthand how these changes are affecting our creative community as many of our friends, families and colleagues are being forced to question their futures. In search of inspiration in this uncertain time, we are sharing the encouraging stories of three industry experts from different creative fields. They say a different future can be a better one, and we stand with them on that statement.
Hear what professional wedding photographer Ayeh Khalatbari, travel content creator Nicole Eddy, and documentary filmmaker James Suter have to say about our evolving reality and how they have innovated to keep up with it. WATCH THE VIDEO HERE.
We’ve partnered with Canon South Africa to give back to our community in this time of great need and are asking you to participate in shaping the direction of our changing world by sharing your stories of positive change. Those who share stand the chance to win two incredible prizes from Canon and further equip themselves to take on this brave new world with courage, innovation and some of the best gear in the business!
How to Enter:
- In a two-minute video, tell us how you, your business or your community has adapted to the challenges of the last few months and how these changes will positively impact your world moving forward.
- Post your video submission (maximum duration of 2 minutes) to your IGTV or your Instagram feed.
- Follow @ormsdirect and @canonrsa, tag both accounts in the description of your video and be sure to use the hashtags #MakeItBetterWithOrms and #ChangeTheWorldWithCanon so we will see your entry.
Check out the two incredible prizes being offered by Canon South Africa to the winning and runner-up video submission!
To the value of R39 295!
This prize includes: a Canon EOS RP Mirrorless Camera, a Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens, Mount Adapter EF-EOS R, a LP-E17 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, LC-E17 Charger for LP-E17 Battery Pack and ER-EOS RP Strap
Second Prize: Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera Vlogging Kit
To the value of R15 895!
The Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera Vlogging Kit contains a Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Black), a Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4 – 5.6 IS STM Lens, Rode VideoMicro Microphone, a 32GB Sandisk SD card, a LP-E12 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 875mAh), an LC-E12 Battery Charger for Battery Pack LP-E12, R-F-4 Camera Cover (Body Cap) for EOS M Mirrorless Camera, an EM-200DB Neck Strap and a Terminal Cover.
If this wasn’t enough good news for you, Canon is also offering a 15% saving on all full frame Canon EOS mirrorless cameras and RF lenses for those who purchase from Orms between 15 June 2020 and 27 June 2020. You can discover more about this promotion HERE.
Terms & Conditions
- The Orms x Canon “The World Is Changing: Let’s Make It Better” Competition (the “Competition”) is only available for residents of South Africa.
- To enter the Competition you must be 18 years old or older and live in South Africa (being a resident or a citizen).
- There will be 1 winner and one runner-up chosen based on the following criteria: overall creativity and originality, the content of the video and the manner in which the content is presented to the viewer. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition runs from 15 June 2020 until midnight on 22 July 2020 and takes place through Instagram.
- Entries must be made through uploading a video of no more than 2 minutes (we will allow for a maximum of 10 seconds over the two minute duration) in duration onto your public Instagram feed or IGTV. No story entries will be accepted.
- To qualify for the competition, the participants must follow the Orms (@ormsdirect) and Canon South Africa (@canonrsa) Instagram accounts: OrmsDirect & CanonRSA.
- The competition is open to all South African citizens except directors, members, partners, employees, agents, service providers and consultants of The Organisers as well as their spouses, business partners and associates.
- The winner and runner-up will be contacted by email after the draw. Three attempts will be undertaken to contact both parties. All attempts to contact the winner and runner-up will be made by email or phone and any other means of contact we have available to us. If there is no response from the winner or runner-up within 3 days of the initial email/phone call we will be compelled to pick a new winner and/or runner-up. The subsequent chosen party will then fall into the same above criteria for contact.
- The prize is non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- By submitting your work for The Competition you acknowledge and allow Orms & Canon South Africa to make use of your original work for promotional purposes. To protect the intellectual property of our winner and runner-up, contracts will be entered into with both Orms and Canon South Africa for a set period.