Our Sea Point Promenade Photographic Exhibition competition Is Back!
We are thrilled to announce the return of our exclusive photographic exhibition competition, now in its fourth year, and this time, it’s bigger than ever!
In partnership with Canon & SJ Artists, Orms proudly presents an extraordinary opportunity for local photographers to win fantastic Canon photographic gear as well as the opportunity to showcase their winning images along the picturesque Sea Point Promenade. For the very first time, our winners will also have the opportunity to win vouchers from Orms Print Room & Framing and the Orms Cape Town School of Photography!
Inspired by the remarkable talents of the photographers and creators within our local photographic community, Orms believes in providing a platform for artists to showcase their incredible work and offer them an opportunity to bring the beauty of photography directly to the public & our local community. Building upon the immense success of our past exhibitions, Orms brings you the fourth edition: Orms x Canon: Let Us Move You, a magnificent celebration of movement in all its forms. From crashing waves and soaring birds to graceful ballet dancers and lightning-speed supercars, we invite you to capture these awe-inspiring moments through your lens and share them with our dynamic photographic community.
Through this photographic competition, we aim to create a collective journey of inspiration and connection where participants and viewers alike will experience the profound power of photography. So, photographers, what are you waiting for? Seize your cameras, capture those moments that resonate with you, and join us on this incredible journey of discovery and creative expression.
Let’s celebrate the art of photography together and make this exhibition an unforgettable experience for all! ENTER HERE!
What We’re Looking For
We want to see movement in all its dynamic forms. This can include a broad range of subject matter, including:
- City Life
- Night Life
- The Ocean
Or any other subject matter that showcases movement and motion in all its glory. ENTER NOW!
This year Orms x Canon are bringing you bigger and better prizes than ever before. By entering the Orms x Canon: Let Us Move You photographic competition, you stand a chance to win extravagant prizes to the value of R100 000 from Canon, Orms, Orms Print Room and Orms Cape Town School of Photography.
A R6000 Orms Print Room & Framing voucher
A R4000 Orms Cape Town School of Photography voucher
A R4000 Orms Print Room & Framing voucher
A R3000 Orms Cape Town School of Photography voucher
The Top 20 images will also be displayed in an exhibition along the Sea Point promenade in close proximity to our current exhibitions.
The exhibition will remain on display for no less than one year, T&C’s do apply.
How To Enter
- Submit your best images highlighting the beauty and dynamism of movement. Entries are unlimited! Please refer to the inspirational images we have provided as a reference for image submissions.
- Fill in the submission form.
- To keep the images consistent, we are only accepting LANDSCAPE format.
- Upload your images (in JPEG format, no larger than 5MB each) at the link. You can only upload five images at a time, but unlimited submissions are allowed.
- If you are chosen as a finalist, you will hear back from us via the email address you provided to request your high-resolution files in TIFF format, as the images will be enlarged to size A0.
- No watermarks will be accepted for final prints.
Weekly Instagram Competition:
We want to see your submissions and showcase them to our community! Show us your Orms x Canon: Let Us Move You competition submission by posting your submission on your Instagram feed, tag @OrmsDirect and @CanonRSA with the hashtag #IMoveWithOrms + stand a chance to win exciting weekly prizes.
NOTE: Please note this is not seen as a submission to the competition, your submissions to entry will still need to be submitted for our online submissions portal.
Terms & Conditions
- The Orms x Canon: Let Us Move You competition (the “Competition”) is only available for South African residents.
- A first and second-place winner will be chosen, and this choice is at the judges’ discretion. Additionally, 20 of the most outstanding images will be exhibited on the Sea Point Promenade. In both cases, the judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding their decision.
- The submission of AI-generated images is not permitted in the competition.
- The Competition runs from 22 August 2023 until midnight on 31 October 2023 and takes place via the submission form here.
- Entries must be made by submitting a photograph of the nature described in the “How To Enter” section of this page via the submission form. No entries on other platforms or via any other communication channels will be accepted.
- The competition is open to all South African citizens except directors, members, partners, employees, agents, service providers and consultants of The Organisers (Orms and Canon) and their spouses, business partners and associates.
- The prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- By submitting your work for the Competition, you acknowledge and allow Orms and Canon to use your original work for promotional purposes for a specified period after the competition.