Art Week Cape Town is packed with exhibition openings, creative events and parties. View the schedule here.
Art Week Cape Town is a festival of the creative arts held between 23 November and 7 December 2013, featuring plenty of exhibition openings and events.
The 2013 Art Week kicked off at the new Zeitz Musuem of Contemporary African Art, or MOCAA, last Saturday. We’re planning on visiting the museum within the next week or two, and we’ll be sure to report back with our impression and photos.
Saturday 23 November
- Launch of Art Week Cape Town.
- Public opening of Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa.
Wednesday 27 November
- Opening of Mary Sibande’s exhibition at the Iziko South African National Gallery, from 6PM to 8PM.
- Opening of Athi Patra Ruga at What If The World, from 6PM to 8PM.
Thursday 28 November
- Opening of New Material at Blank Projects, from 6PM to 8PM.
- Opening of A Sculptural Premise at Stevenson Cape Town, from 6PM to 8PM.
- Goodman Gallery will be open till 8PM, showing Carla Busuttil’s work.
- 34 Fine Art Gallery will be open till 8PM, showing Asha Zero’s work.
Friday 29 November
- Gradex ’13 will be opening at the Stellenbosch University’s Visual Arts Department, from 6:30PM onwards.
- Mr President: Nelson Mandela In Office will be on show at 6 Spin Street Gallery from 5PM onwards.
- Big Hole, a one night only exhibition at Kimberly Hotel, from 6PM onwards.
- Art Week Cape Town Party at EVOL, from 11PM to 4AM.
Saturday 30 November
- In Context will be opening at Buyel’Embo, from 11AM to 6PM.
- Diary of a Nanosatellite, a public procession at Buyel’Embo will start at 12PM.
Monday 2 December
- Warren Editions will be opening their studio from 9AM to 5PM.
- Between Words and Images will be opening at Iziko Rust en Vreugd, from 10AM to 5PM.
- Vanitas 2013 will be opening at The AVA Gallery, from 6PM to 8PM.
- Worldart will be showing a selection of paintings, from 6PM to 8PM.
- Thembinkosi Kohli will be opening an exhibition at The Black Box, from 6PM to 8PM.
Tuesday 3 December
- Walkabout with the curator of Pop Goes The Revolution at The New Church, from 5PM to 6PM.
- Willem Boshoff’s Big Druid In His Cubicle will finish at SMAC Art Gallery Cape Town, from 6PM to 9PM.
- Morné Visagie will be opening an exhibition at incredible new space at BRUNDYN+, from 6PM to 9PM.
Wednesday 4 December
Thursday 5 December
- Selected galleries will stay open until late for First Thursdays, from 6PM to 9PM.
- Summer Salon & Dale Washkansky will be opening at Commune.1, from 6PM to 8PM.
Friday 6 December
Saturday 7 December