Today Canon has revealed the all new EOS 5D Mark IV, an outstanding still photography option with 4K video capability!
Canon has unveiled the all new 5D Mark IV DSLR this morning, an outstanding still photography option with 4K video capability. The camera comes with a lot of essential upgrades necessary to make it current for its core users, including a newly developed 30.4MP full-frame CMOS sensor paired with the DIGIC 6+ image processor in order to balance fine detail and resolution with low-light performance and sensitivity.
Other upgrades include a native ISO range of 100-32,000 (which is expandable to 50-102,400) and the continuous shooting mode is set at 7 fps, up from 6 on the 5D Mark III. The camera also features Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity as well as built-in GPS, all firsts for a 5D.
Pricing and availability
We’re expecting stock mid-September, and the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is already available for pre-order on Orms Direct.
- 30.4MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6+ Image Processor
- 3.2″ 1.62m-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- DCI 4K Video at 30 fps; 8.8MP Still Grab
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF
- Native ISO 32000, Expanded to ISO 102400
- Dual Pixel RAW; AF Area Select Button
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Movie Servo AF
- 7 fps Shooting; CF & SD Card Slots
- Built-In GPS and Wi-Fi with NFC