Yes, you read that title right! We have teamed up with the incredible folks at Fujifilm to give you the opportunity to showcase your signature photographic style AND WIN! Those who participate in our competition stand the chance to get their hands on the Fujifilm X-S10, a portable, powerful camera that’s perfectly suited to helping you express yourself creatively.
Designed to fill the gap between the X-H and X-T models, the X-S10 delivers classic Fujifilm image quality thanks to its 26.1 megapixel, back-side illuminated APS-C X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and quad-core X-Processor 4 CPU. It can shoot up to 20 fps burst, features Tracking Face and Eye AF capabilities and boasts all of Fuji’s beloved film simulation modes. Its incredibly light weight of only 465g makes it the perfect constant creative companion for image-makers on the go.
Want to learn more about the Fujifilm X-S10 and why we love it so much? You can read our blog writeup of the X-S10 here, or, if visual learning is more your style, you can watch our video review on our YouTube channel here.
It gets even better! A selection of the top photographs submitted for the competition will be shown during our Fujifilm workshop on the 13th of March 2021. The selected photographers will receive personal feedback from our incredible guest speaker for the event, self-taught photographer and Fujifilm ambassador, Lindsey Appolis. Since Lindsey will announce the winner at the workshop, the event will be live-streamed to Facebook so those who did not book a slot can follow along from home.
Prize: Fujifilm X-S10 Camera
To the value of R18 495
How to Enter
- Shoot an image that you feel best captures your unique, signature photographic style. You could also choose to submit an existing image from your current photographic portfolio.
- Submit your image ahead of the workshop by uploading it to your Instagram feed and using the hashtag #OrmsLindseyAppolis.
- You will have the opportunity to have your image featured during the workshop on Saturday the 13th of March. This opportunity will be available to you whether you attend the in-person event, or follow along via the livestream. If your image is selected, you will receive live feedback from Lindsey and stand the chance to get your hands on an X-S10 if you are picked as the winner.
- The cutoff date for submissions is Thursday, March 11th at midnight. The judges will go through the submissions on Thursday and Friday to make their final selection for the event on Saturday the 13th of March.
Terms & Conditions
- The #OrmsLindseyAppolis Competition (the “Competition”) is only available for residents of South Africa.
- To enter the Competition you must be 18 years old or older and live in South Africa (being a resident or a citizen).
- There will be 1 winner chosen and the selection of this winner is at the judges’ discretion. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding their decision.
- The Competition runs from 4 March 2021 until midnight on 11 March 2021 and takes place through Instagram using the mechanic outlined above.
- Entries must be made through uploading a photograph of the nature described in the “How To Enter” section onto your public Instagram feed. No story entries or entries on other platforms will be accepted.
- The competition is open to all South African citizens except directors, members, partners, employees, agents, service providers and consultants of The Organisers as well as their spouses, business partners and associates.
- The winner will be announced at the in-person event on Saturday the 13th of March. This event will also be live-streamed on Facebook. Three attempts will be undertaken to contact the winner directly. All attempts to contact the winner will be made in person, by email or phone and any other means of contact we have available to us. If there is no response from the winner within 3 days of the initial contact attempt we will be compelled to pick a new winner. The subsequent winner will then fall into the same above criteria for contact.
- The prize is non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- By submitting your work for the #OrmsLindseyAppolis Competition, you acknowledge and allow Orms and Fujifilm to make use of your original work for promotional purposes. To protect the intellectual property of those entrants whose work we choose to feature, agreements will be entered into with both Orms and Fujifilm for a set period.